Belleville & Ypsilanti: Inside the Newsroom

Here you can find the musings of writers and editors of the Ypsilanti Courier and the Belleville View.


Monday, August 29, 2011

Two weeks and counting


Well, I'm now two weeks into my journey as I dive into the world of gluten-free eating. Surprisingly, it hasn't been that bad because there are a lot of options out there. And yes, I admit, I do cheat sometimes. But I am definitely more conscious of what I'm eating.

For those of you who are new to the world of gluten-free eating, you may be surprised to learn how many options you actually have. I've found I can actually eat a lot of "normal" foods, including Chex cereals and rice noodles, which taste just like normal spaghetti noodles. Also, potatoes have become my go-to food. I eat them with EVERYTHING. But hey, it's worth it when you feel you can actually eat something that is somewhat familiar.

I've also added a drink to my diet called "Green Magma." It has tons of vitamins and minerals and can be purchased at health food stores. The idea is to drink it one to two times a day to cleanse my body of toxins. It may look like green slime, but it's actually not bad when combined with juice. (See photo)

For now, I'm still experimenting with recipes and such but I can definitely say I am feeling better. As I come up with more, I will add them. Well, onto week 3!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]