Belleville & Ypsilanti: Inside the Newsroom

Here you can find the musings of writers and editors of the Ypsilanti Courier and the Belleville View.


Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The heat is on

Heat wave!!! Que the mass hysteria and people acting like it's the end of the world. I just don't get it.

Maybe it's because I used to live in Florida. Mind you, it was only for a year, but this stuff doesn't bother me. No I'm not crazy, but I'd much rather have hot weather than be stuck in my house due to a blizzard or some other so-called catastrophic weather event.

In fact, I don't even have air conditioning at my house or in my car.
I see so many people complaining about it on social media sites and it seems that many of them are the same people who were dying for summer to get here. Well, here it is. Be happy.

I'm not bragging or totally heartless. I do feel sorry for the people who work outdoors or in factories. And I understand it is hard on the elderly and children.

However, for the rest of us able-bodied people, stop complaining and go to a lake/pool for a swim, drink something cold, run through a sprinkler. Do something.
Remember, this is what we wait for all year long in Michigan. Granted, it may be hotter than normal, but at least it's not snowing!

To sum it up, it may be hot, but I'm not about ready to complain about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]