Belleville & Ypsilanti: Inside the Newsroom

Here you can find the musings of writers and editors of the Ypsilanti Courier and the Belleville View.


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A fool and his wine...

I took in my first Tigers game of the season yesterday and was treated to a fun time.

It wasn't the outstanding play of the Tigers that peaked my interest, but the actions of a drunken fan that gave me (and some 10,000 other fans) a really good laugh. While I'm sure the visiting Kansas City Royals weren't so amused initially, I'm sure even they had a good laugh about the matter.

According to a blog by someone who was at the game and sitting close to the fool and his elixir, a man apparently got drunk off of a bottle of vodka which he smuggled into Comerica Park. The blog said that people around him were egging him on to jump onto the field and make a mad dash to the 420' wall in center field. Fans around the culprit said they'd offer the fool $500 to take the bet.

After finishing his bottle, he hopped over the guard rail into the Royals' dugout where he was ABRUPTLY met by Detroit's finest. The drunkard began yelling "Go Tigers" and from my seats behind home plate, I heard a laugh resonate throughout the entire stadium.

The Tigs went on to lose the game10-5, but the memory of my first Tigers game of the 2010 season can be forever relived through this YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S1zWScOcA8
(P.S. Volume is low on this video, so turn your volume way up.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How's that for excitement?!

April 14, 2010 at 8:40 AM  
Blogger Jeremy Allen said...

Right?!

April 15, 2010 at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]